Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Anniversary!

Our 5 year anniversary fell on Friday this year so we decided to celebrate on Saturday instead. We had a great day! On our anniversary night, we exchanged gifts. As always, Matt's gift to me was so much better than mine to him, but I hope he's used to that now. Ha ha! I gave him a couple of Home Improvement books with step by step picture intructions since I know how much he loves to do projects, especially outdoors, during the summer. He wants to build his own shed as his latest project, so these books should really help with that. He got me a bouquet of roses and an anniversary band which is very pretty. He keeps telling me that if I want to exchange it for a different one, I can, but I don't see why that would be necessary. The one he picked out is just fine.

Then on Saturday, we did a little mall browsing with the baby and then dropped her off at grandma's house. We went to Patrick's for dinner and I had the lobster. Of course, I couldn't eat much of anything. I had a little bit of our steamed shrimp appetizer, a few bites of my Cream of Crab soup, and half of the broiled lobster tail I ordered. Then I was stuffed!! Can't fit much in my tummy anymore. But it was all delicious. Then we went to Starbucks for a coffee and drove around town like we used to do and commented at all the things that have changed. Unfortunately, on the way home, I felt sick and had to ride with my head between my legs all the way home. I think I overdid it on the coffee or something. But overall, it was a great night. Here's to 5 more fun years!

No comments: