I had a great weekend! Saturday was my little mini-shower with my friends Liz and Marsha. Liz came over in the morning to see Lacey and then we hit the road to Marsha's apartment. I got to open gifts. They stocked us with diapers, wipes, and bath essentials. I got a new diaper bag. And they bought us some super cute clothes, socks, booties, and onesies, among other things. We went to Michael's for lunch. It was delicious. I had the most amazing crab pretzel I've ever eaten and a delicious crab cake sandwich that was all lump and no filler. YUM! After that, we got manicures and had our brows waxed and stopped to get Italien Ice to reward ourselves. It was a really fun day and we had a good time getting caught up with each other. Getting some new little baby things really helped get me motivated and excited for the baby to come. Being a 2nd pregnancy isn't really fair to the baby since he doesn't get all the new baby stuff that gets mommy all pumped up and ready. We haven't had to do much preparation so it's kinda been a non-existant event up till now. So it was nice to get some new things to play with and prepare.
Additionally, on Sunday, we started to get the toddler bed set up and ready, only to discover that there was NO hardware in the box. Zip, none, nada. Figures. So all the pieces of bed are out and we can't do anything with it yet. I called the manufacturer yesterday and we should be getting the replacement parts within 5-7 business days. We haven't attempted the dresser yet. I really hope nothing is missing from it.
Also on Sunday, we went ahead and purchased a new sofa. It's a dream sofa for Matt. Both sides recline and the middle cushion folds down into a drink/snack tray. I didn't want the same color as the set we have down in the den, so we went with the light color. Yes, this is crazy with 2 little ones. SO, we bought the 5 year fabric protection plan. If I can't get a stain out with soap and water, I call them and tell them what the stain is and they send me a kit with instructions. If that doesn't work, I call them again and THEY come out and try to get the stain out. And if that doesn't work either, they re-upholster it or if necessary, I get a new sofa. I think it's worth the protection and gives me peace of mind about the color.
Since I am extremely uncomfortable at night and am not getting much sleep, I am very excited about the sofa coming and I hope that it comes into the warehouse here soon. They'll call when it comes in and then we'll schedule delivery. I feel like maybe I can get better sleep in a more upright, reclined position. I'm thinking about sleeping in the living room when it finally comes.
Tuesday, August 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment