Monday, May 08, 2006

And the verdict is...

It's a BOY! Deep down, I knew. But I was so hoping that it would be a girl so I could re-use all of Lacey's things. Ah well, another excuse to shop! (just kidding). I guess that means I can go through all of Lacey's things and only keep the special stuff for her, and just in case I decide to get pregnant again someday. Not that I plan on it, but you never know what kind of crazy ideas I'll get in a few years. So anyway, this baby was very clearly a boy. The little general was sticking straight up! The idea of having a boy is taking some getting used to. I'm so comfortable with raising a girl and not having to worry about a little willie spraying pee everywhere, but I will settle in just fine I'm sure.

We just got back from another trip to Illinois to visit my parents. Lacey had a great time. It's hard only going for a week because she is only JUST getting comfortable with them by the time we are getting ready to leave them again. It makes me feel sad for my family and for Lacey too. They never get a chance to really connect for very long. But there's not much that can be done about that. I still wish that I could move closer to them. Not that I particularly want to live in Illinois per se, but I would love to be closer to them. I don't think it's ever going to happen. And now that they are growing roots there, they don't want to come back here either.

My aunt, J, has very generously offered us her old double stroller. It's in awesome shape and it's free! That makes it perfect!

As the reality of having a second child and the cost associated sets in, we find more and more how stupid we were for thinking we could move into a more expensive house when in reality, we can hardly afford what we are in and, unless Cherry comes through with her daycare offer (and I'm not entirely sure I'm confortable with it anyway), won't be able to afford it at all come October. So we are looking into making some drastic changes. It's possible that we may move out of the house and use our profit to pay off all our debts and start over fresh in an apartment/rental home. Then, I could stay at home and Matt's check would more than cover all the necessary expenses. If we need some extra cash, I could work part-time on his days off just for play money. But that's the most drastic option. We're not sure if we will head that direction or not quite yet. We still have a little bit of time to find out and I still need to run some estimated balance sheets to see what the cost difference would be and how to afford it.

It's going to be an interesting few months ahead I think.

No comments: