Monday, July 27, 2009

School Daze

As this summer draws to a close, it's suddenly dawning on me that my littlest one, my sweet baby boy, starts preschool in September with his sister. (Sob! Cry!) I'm so very excited for him because he was a wreck all last year wanting to stay their with Lacey and he was so excited at the thought that he would be going too. And I am also excited for me because the way their schedules fall gives me Tuesday and Thursday mornings alone. BUT.....but.....but....

I want to cry! I was going through the normal routine of checking the playgroup upcoming schedule and choosing which events to go to and realized events and mall-walking I would have done with Nate, while Lacey was in school, I won't be signing up for this year. Since they'll be in school at the same time, we won't have those alone outings anymore. And that is something that makes me really sad. They are growing up and I need to find new ways to do things with them.

Lacey is almost 5 now. As if that's even possible! And this will be her last year of preschool. In some ways, I feel bad for her this year, she was in a class "younger" than her and I put her in the right one this year to make sure she was ready for kindergarten, but that means none of her best friends from her last class will be with her this year. And she thinks that she'll see them again. So yeah, I feel bad about that. And next year is the "real deal". She'll be gone...all day, every day. That is completely beyond my comprehension right now and, luckily, not something I have to deal with for a while.

No comments: