Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Latest News

All the things that could be written and yet every time I sit to type, I totally go blank. Complete writers block. *sigh* It's just the the mundane day-to-day things blend into each other and when I think of something significant that one of the kids does or says, I can never remember it at publishing time.

Lacey had her first classmate birthday party today. I had no idea who the girl was or who her mother was and we were about a half hour late. It was terribly boring. No one really talked to me and I wasn't really in the mood to meet all those people all at once anyway so I kept to myself. On the other hand, Lacey had herself a GRAND old time. It was held in a small tumbler room and had a few teachers there running the show. Lacey said it was the best birthday party ever. But I was a little sad for her because whether it was intentional or not, none of the other kids sat at the table with her on her side. Of course, she didn't notice or mind it, but I did.

Nate's vocabulary has taken off. Finally. He says so many new things that I can barely keep up. But it's the WAY he says them that is so cute. He has changed the way he says "no" to no-e. And he says "ho, ho, ho-e" when he sees Santa. And he says "I do" when he wants to do something himself, but he says I do-e. HA!!! It's so funny!

Nate had to have some temporary fillings put on his top 3 teeth due to some decay that occurred. I can't imagine how that could of happened. Oh wait, yes I can, he was a BEAR to brush until about 5 months ago. Now he happily sits and lets you brush away. But you can't undo all that time before. $300 later, he came out a red-faced, tear-stained, traumatized little boy. But at least he has his teeth. Then on the way home, we discovered that the reason it was so frigid that morning was because the furnace stopped working. Mind you, it's only 2 years old. So another $200 later, we had heat again! Dropping $500 sure felt more satisfying when I got something out of it...back before mortgages and dentist appointments...

Whatever. Anyway. Christmas is a mere 4 days away. I'm ready for the fun, but not ready for all the build-up and hype and anticipation to go away. Christmas is my all-time favorite holiday of them all. Nothing brings me more joy and happiness than giving a gift to someone and hoping that it makes them happy. Speaking of, I still have loads of gifts to wrap. I guess I better get on that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Eckhart family

Be on the lookout for the UPS Santa Claus as he drops off gifts for Mommy and Daddy, a gift for Lacey and Nate and of course, I could not forget Lacey's birthday. If they don't like their gifts, let me know and we can send them back. Nothing of course will be wrapped, so please just let them open them. Also we will have to get together after the holidays, so I can tell you all about my NEW JOB.........yes that is right, I just started today 12/22/08 at of all places NutriSystem, in the Accounts Payble department. 10 minutes from my house. I liked it so far today.

Have a wonderful Christmas, I love you all

Liz